This workshop is aimed at those who are looking to tackle their first open water triathlon and combines both our open water swimming for beginners workshop and an introduction to transitions from swim to bike & bike to run! Our coaches are all British Triathlon Certified and insured and our lead coach is Swim Smooth trained & Certified.
£55 (includes wetsuit hire & a free silicone swim cap)
The introduction course will include:
- Theory and OW adaption. What to expect.
- Identifying personal needs and dealing with anxiety.
- Top tips for breathing calmly in the water and making the most of your open water experience.
- The basics of entering the water, acclimatisation and safe swimming.
- Looking at how different it can be swimming in the open water verses pool swimming. Swim stroke, style and feel for the water.
- Look at Open Water skills, such as Sighting – Going as straight as you can in the Open Water.
- We will look at wetsuits – What suits you, different suits, sizes and buoyancy, what to use for your swim type.
- Fun skills to give you confidence in the open water.
- Transition Set Up and Equipment Preparation
- Transition Skills such as Moving with your bike, Mounting & Dismounting and changing kit for each discipline
- Putting it all together in a Transition Practice
- Triathlon Rules
Although we have a basic outline for these sessions, we remain flexible and design the session dependent on our swimmers needs. So when booking please let us know if there is anything particular you would like to focus on.
What you will need to bring.
- Wetsuit - wetsuits are compulsory, don't worry if you don't have one we can lend you one of ours.
- Own swim wear.
- Bike & Cycling gear (clothes, shoes & helmet)
- Running shoes & clothing
- Anything else you feel you may need
- Personal Medication.